To ensure you know exactly what to expect during your booking and hire please read our Terms and Conditions below.
Please note that we have more flexibility due to COVID-19 and government travel restrictions in terms of cancellation policy.
– 3 night minimum hire.
– 50% of booking hire fee paid upfront to secure booking.
– Full balance of booking hire paid 2 weeks prior to pick-up.
– Fully refundable £750 security deposit paid 4 days prior to collection (to cover insurance excess and any damage
and/or cleaning required).
– Late drop-off fees apply.
– We operate a full to full fuel policy. Please bring back with a full tank of diesel.
– Payments must be made by Credit or Debit Card.
– All drivers must meet the following criteria:
1. Are not under the age of 25 or over 75 years of age.
2. Has held a full UK or EU licence for a minimum of two years.
3. Has not had their license suspended for any period within the last three years.
4. Has not been involved in more than one fault incident within the last three years.
5. Has no more than two convictions with a maximum of 3 points per conviction.
6. Two days prior to collection the hirer must provide their driver’s licence copy front and back and two proofs of address in the form of bank/utility statements. Please note mobile bills cannot be accepted. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Minimum Hire
Minimum hire of Campervan is 3 nights and you can hire for up to 30 days at a time. If you would like a 2-night hire, we can accommodate this but you will be required to pay for 3 nights. During July and August there is a minimum hire of 5 nights unless otherwise agreed with Dubdayz Ltd.
Dubdayz Ltd authorises the use of this vehicle up to 5 passengers including the Driver (4 Berth). Each person to use the safety restraints provided at all times whilst vehicle is in motion.
Drivers must be between 25 and 75 years old. A refundable security deposit of £750 to cover Campervan Insurance Excess applies to all our VW Campervan hires. Dubdayz Ltd must have full balance as cleared funds 2 weeks before collection and security deposit paid 4 days prior to collection.
Main drivers must provide copies of front and back of photo ID license prior to hire commencement and 2 forms of ID shall be obtained for every driver.
Additional Drivers must provide the same documentation as main driver subject to an additional charge of £7 per day by Dubdayz Ltd.
Details of any additional drivers are required in advance of rental period.
Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g.: parking tickets) which are incurred during the period of hire.
Maximum of 2 drivers per rental.
All drivers must be present at booking hire start day.
4. Campervan Hire Rates quoted include:
– We do not limit your mileage in the UK. We have a 150 miles per day cap after which additional mileage will be charged at
30 pence per mile.
– Our vehicle is covered by RAC insurance and recovery service in the unlikely event it is required.
– Insurance is fully comprehensive and included as part of your hire rate.
All drivers must be between the age of 25 and 75, have at least 2 years driving experience have no current traffic convictions or endorsements except minor ones, have no more than 6 penalty points on the driving licence and have not been involved in more than one fault accident in the past 3 years; must be present at the time of hire and provide necessary identification and a DVLA license check.
5. Payment of your Campervan Rental
– All payments must be by Debit/Credit card.
– Availability is on a request and confirm basis at the time of reservation.
– A reservation is only binding after it has been confirmed by Dubdayz Ltd and a deposit of 50% of the booking hire fee has been received (the refundable security deposit is paid separately 4 days prior to pick-up). Our terms and conditions including cancellation policy will apply from this point onwards. Once the reservation is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent out to you, the customer.
– Settlement of the remaining balance will be due 2 weeks (14 days) before your Booking Rental Start date unless prior agreed with Dubdayz Ltd.
– A refundable security deposit will be held on your preferred payment card 4 days prior to the start of your rental period to cover Insurance Excess and any damages or road traffic fines incurred. Please note that some card payment holders do not facilitate holds on cards and therefore your deposit may be charged to your card by their request. Please ensure you check with your card holder. The security deposit will be released/refunded 7 days after the end of your hire less any incurred costs for damages and fines.
– I irrevocably authorise Dubdayz Ltd to deduct from the security deposit any amounts due by me to Dubdayz Ltd arising out of this agreement. The security deposit will be released/refunded directly to my payment card 7 days after the return of the Campervan provided the vehicle being returned to the correct location, undamaged, with a clean interior and with a full fuel tank.
– I acknowledge that there will be a 24-hour cooling off period on return of the vehicle allowing the owner (Dubdayz Ltd) to make a thorough inspection inside and out having washed and removed all dirt and debris to allow for such inspection. Any damages found within this 24-hour period will be notified to the hirer by photo and email and deducted from the Security Deposit accordingly.
– We reserve the right to retain a £75.00 soiling fee if the Campervan is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
– We reserve the right to retain a £50 fee if the porta-loo is not emptied and cleaned properly prior to the return of the vehicle
– Pick up and return times will be agreed prior to rental in writing and signed for on your Vehicle Check Sheet prior to departure with the following late charges applied for late returns:
– Up to 30 minutes late: £25
– 30 to 60 minutes late: £50
– Over 60 minutes late: £100
6. Campervan Hire Extras
– Christchurch and Bournemouth Train/Bus Station transfer to pick up campervan (up to 4 people) free of charge
– Awning – £50
– Bedroom pod for 2 people (fitted inside awning) – £10
– Double air mattress – £10
– Carpet for awning – £10
– Bike Rack – £25 per hire
– Porta-loo plus tent – £40 per hire
– Mattress Topper – £25 per hire
– Child Car Seat – £20 per hire
– Shower plus tent – £20 per hire
– Bedding – £15 per set
– 2 chairs included and any extras charged at £5 each
– European hire – £100 extra charge
– Free Camping Gas is included in the price of hire with cost of replacement of camping gas refunded if you need to re-fill it whilst on hire subject to you providing your receipt to Dubdayz. We also offer a full camping gas bottle if preferred for £60 to ensure you do not run out whilst on hire. Please note that this pays for the cost of gas only and not the bottle which will be retained by Dubdayz Ltd on your return from hire.
7. Cancellation Charges
– Our Flexible Travel and Cancellation policy and charges due to COVID-19 will remain in place until the end of 2021.
– Our standard travel and cancellation policy will apply to holidays taken from 1st January 2022.
– Flexible COVID-19 Travel Policy – Cancellation Charges for Campervan Holidays taken in 2021
Customers may make changes to their holiday reservation up to 2 weeks before hire by:
– Changing their dates to later in 2021
– Taking a credit note for their deposit to spend by end December 2022
– Receive a full refund
– For bookings less than 2 weeks (14 nights) prior to rental start date customers may:
Take a credit note for their deposit and balance to spend by end December 2022 if travel restrictions are brought into place in their area prohibiting them from travel within that two weeks prior to their rental start date (please note this condition applies to UK residents only).
Forfeit 100% of the total hire charge if cancelled less than 2 weeks before rental start date unless travel restrictions have been brought into place in their area within that 2 weeks prohibiting them from travel.
Standard Travel Policy – Cancellation Charges for hires booked and/or taken from 1st January 2022
Customers wishing to cancel their reservation will:
– Receive a full refund of their deposit if cancelled more than 6 weeks (42 days) prior to rental start date, less a £50
– Receive 50% of the total hire charge if cancelled between 6 and 4 weeks prior to rental start date, less a £50 administration fee
– Forfeit 100% of the total hire charge if cancelled less than 4 weeks before rental start date
8. Rental and other charges
I will pay Dubdayz Ltd:
– all rental charges
– the security deposit
– the nominated cancellation fee in the event of cancellation of this agreement prior to acceptance of delivery of the vehicle
– the cost of any damage to the vehicle or the property of any third party, subject to the insurance*
– all government fees and duties etc
all parking fines, other fines or penalties, and/or accidents including third party property damage not reported on return of the vehicle; and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the vehicle during the rental period
– any other fees or charges payable by me pursuant to this agreement. *
– the daily rental rate for the period the vehicle is off fleet for accident repairs*
– the cost to recover a vehicle which has become bogged.*
*This cost is up to the insurance excess amount provided all Terms and Conditions are adhered to. If the insurance deems the insurance to be invalid due to inappropriate use of the vehicle and there has been a breach by the hirer of the terms of this agreement, then the hirer will be liable for all costs.
9. Payment of charges joint and several liability
All charges and expenses payable by me under this agreement are due on demand by Dubdayz Ltd. If I do not pay all charges when due, I agree to pay a late charge of 1.5% per month on the outstanding balance and any collection costs incurred by Dubdayz Ltd, including reasonable legal fees. When the customer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the customer pursuant to this agreement.
10. Campervan collection and return
Please allow up to 1 hour for the hand-over of the Campervan to complete documentation and demonstrate our vehicle to you. Collection of your camper van is available from 9:30am but must be returned by 12 noon on your final day unless agreed prior to collection. Collection can be arranged at Christchurch or Bournemouth train/bus station or we can deliver within the BH postcode area.
You are welcome to leave one car with us for a £5 per night fee which will be parked in Dubdayz Ltd driveway. This is at your own risk and we cannot accept any responsibility for the vehicle while it is with us.
Return: Please allow up to half an hour on the return of your vehicle to hand over and check the condition of the vehicle. The vehicle must be returned with a full tank of fuel and returned in the same condition that it was rented to you. The vehicle must be returned on the date stated on the rental agreement and before the stated return time agreed on your Vehicle Check Sheet or confirmed in writing by email from Dubdayz Ltd. The hirer must advise Dubdayz Ltd if they are delayed for any reason and Dubdayz Ltd reserve the right to charge a late returns charge as stated in section 5.
I acknowledge that having received the vehicle in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the departure checklist and with a full fuel tank:
– I will return the vehicle with a full fuel tank on the return date and time set out under the heading ‘Return time’ in the Vehicle Check Sheet.
– If the interior of the vehicle is not returned in the same clean state as on collection, a £75 cleaning fee will be taken from the deposit. We will ask you to take pictures of the interior during handover to avoid any disputes. A cleaning kit is provided in the vehicle.
– I acknowledge that Dubdayz Ltd will not refund to me any monies, nor have any obligation to provide a replacement vehicle, if the vehicle is returned or I cease to have the use of the vehicle prior to the return date for any reason e.g. accident, weather or theft
11. Title to vehicle
I acknowledge that Dubdayz Ltd retains title to the vehicle and that I possess the goods as a mere bailee only. I do not have any right to pledge Dubdayz Ltd credit in connection with the vehicle and agree not to do so. I shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the vehicle.
12. Use of the vehicle
I agree that during the rental period, I will not and will not allow the vehicle to be:
– Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner;
– Used in a manner which could cause damage;
– Driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated by me to Dubdayz Ltd;
– Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law;
– Left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied
– Left unoccupied without the steering wheel security lock applied;
Driven by persons:
– Under the age of 25 years; or who is not authorised by law to drive the vehicle. Particulars of a proposed licensed driver of the vehicle are set out under the heading ‘driver details’ in the motor rental agreement.
– Submersion in water
– Contact with salt water
– Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest
– Used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
– Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
– Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the vehicle manual or on the vehicle or specified in this agreement
– Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material
– Otherwise used in breach of my obligations under this agreement.
13. Alterations to the vehicle
I shall not make any alterations or additions to the vehicle without the prior written consent of Dubdayz Ltd.
I shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle, including oil checks, water and batteries.
I acknowledge that Dubdayz Ltd will reimburse me for expenditure up to UK £50.00 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the drivetrain and engine of the vehicle (not including the water system, refrigerator, heating, audio equipment) provided that:
– I produce relevant receipts
– I have received the prior consent of Dubdayz Ltd
– The damage is not due to my fault or my breach of this agreement.
Subject to the terms of this agreement, I will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the rental period and agree to:
– Contact Dubdayz Ltd to notify them of damage to tyre immediately
– Await confirmation from Dubdayz Ltd re replacement of tyre or tyre repair and location of repair
– Replacement of tyre to be the same tyre brand and quality or like for like if the brand is not available
– Pay the full costs of repair or replacement directly to the garage or be liable for all costs of replacement
– I will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol.)
15. Responsibility when accident occurs
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle:
– I will notify Dubdayz Ltd immediately of the happening of the event. I will call them but if contact cannot be made then I will email them to notify them of damages and await for a response before leaving the place of the accident
– I will obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station
– I will not make any admission of liability to other parties; settlement offer or other like offer
– I will assist Dubdayz Ltd in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending court to give evidence
– I acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by me in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period.
– I will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault. The cost of change over is dependent on the mileage from Dubdayz Ltd and time taken to deliver replacement vehicle and is at the discretion of Dubdayz Ltd.
This insurance covers the Insured Vehicle whilst let out on hire, subject to the following conditions:
1) The insured shall verify the identity and permanent address of the hirer and any other permitted driver by means other than relying solely on the information contained in the hirers or driver’s license and that such person is not amongst the excluded persons enumerated below.
2) Two forms of ID shall be obtained for every driver. The following documentation is acceptable proof of address alongside one utility bill/statement.
a) Council tax bill/statement
b) TV/internet/landline telephone bill (including SKY/Virgin/BT ect)
c) Bank statement
d) Credit card statement
e) Mortgage statement
The proofs of address provided must be dated within 90 days of the hire date and have the same address appearing on the driving license.
3) Copies, both front and back of the driving license much be retained either digitally or a hard copy and for licenses issued from mainland UK the DVLA online license check must be carried out and a copy retained either digitally or a hard copy.
For non UK license holders/residents, two forms of ID with matching addresses must be retained as above, plus copies of the license both front and back and one other form of photographic ID must be retained either digitally or a hard copy.
4) The insured vehicle shall not be let out on hire to or be driven by:
a) Hirers under 25 or over 75 years of age unless agreed by the insurer.
b) Hirers who have not held a full valid UK or EU drivers license for 2 years.
c) Persons who have been convicted or an offense in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving license endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. ‘Spent’ convictions, covered by the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 maybe disregarded.
d) Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled buy any motor insurer.
e) Persons engaged wholly or partly in professionally entertainment or professional sports persons.
f) Jockeys and persons connected with racing, gaming industry or press of any sort.
g) Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved more than one fault accident during the past three years.
h) Foreign service personnel other than persons holding an full UK/EU license for 2 years or more.
5) The insured vehicle shall be driven only by the hirer or other permitted driver who has completed and signed a rental agreement (by each hirer or other permitted driver) and retained for 2 years after the hire period. The rental agreement must be filly completed by the hirer or other permitted driver in all respects. In addition to the usual declaration and warranty contained in the rental agreement the following declaration shall appear on the rental agreement, namely: “I further agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the insurance which I have seen and read or have had the opportunity to see and read.” If the statements and particulars in the rental agreement are in the handwriting of any person other than the hirer or other permitted driver, such person shall be deemed to have been the hirer’s or other permitted driver’s agent for the purpose of completing the rental agreement form.
6) The insured shall be considered as being the agent for the hirer or other permitted driver for all purposes in connection with this insurance but under no circumstances shall the insured be considered as agent for the insurers.
7) The insured vehicle shall not be used for the carriage of goods of an explosive (except of gas cylinder, dangerous or hazardous nature or for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire and reward.
8) Any vehicle which is added to the Motor Insurance Database will be charged the appropriate premium.
Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance.
17. Release and indemnity of Dubdayz Ltd
Subject to its obligation to deliver the vehicle, I release Dubdayz Ltd, its employees and agents, from any liability to me
(regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by me by reason of this agreement, including but not limited to:
– Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose
– Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Dubdayz Ltd premises or recovered or handled by Dubdayz Ltd.
– Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Dubdayz Ltd, I hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Dubdayz Ltd, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the vehicle.
– Instances beyond Dubdayz Ltd control that means they cannot release the vehicle to me due to a prior accident or fault with the vehicle. In this instance, Dubdayz Ltd will endeavor to find a replacement vehicle or give a full refund of the price of hire to the customer.
18. Road restrictions
All vehicles may only be driven on sealed / bitumen roads.
I acknowledge that Dubdayz Ltd reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
19. Hire exclusions
Smoking is not permitted.
Pets are not permitted.
20. Definitions of terms and conditions
Definitions of terms and conditions ‘I’, ’me’ and ‘my’ refers jointly and severally to the person or persons who are the customers; ‘this agreement’ means the rental agreement, the insurance motor rental agreement and these terms and conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between these terms and conditions and any other Dubdayz Ltd literature, the provisions of these terms and conditions apply.
Dubdayz Ltd – ‘Means Dubdayz Ltd owned by Andrew and Lindsey Legg: 70 Browning Avenue, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH5 1NW.
‘customer’ – Means the person or persons nominated as the hirer under the heading ‘hire details’ on the insurance motor rental agreement and any person whose credit card is presented in payment of the customer’s charges.
‘living equipment’ – Includes but is not limited to crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils.
‘Over head damage’ – All drivers must be aware of the (unusual) height of the motorhome and are responsible for all damage if driven under an obstruction that is too low for it to clear – the obvious examples are low bridges and height restrictions into car parks etc. In this event neither the basic insurance nor collision damage waiver will apply and the hirer will be responsible for the repair of all damages. Overhead damage is deemed as any damage to any part of the vehicle which occurs above 6 feet (1.83 metres) and or any third party property. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of £750 or other amount as agreed by our insurers for licenses out with UK and EU. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable up to the full amount of the security deposit paid. The hirer will also be fully liable for all overhead damage, any damaged deemed as gross negligence and replacement or repair of windows and windscreens or tyre damage.
‘rental period’ – Means the hire period referred to under the heading ‘booking details’ on the rental agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the vehicle is in the customer’s possession or control
‘vehicle’ – Means the vehicle described under the heading ‘vehicle details’ on the rental agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the living equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the vehicle and any replacement or substitute vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Dubdayz Ltd.
‘security deposit’ – Means the vehicle security deposit detailed under the heading ‘vehicle security deposit’ in the insurance motor rental agreement.
21. Terminating the agreement
I acknowledge that Dubdayz Ltd may terminate this agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the vehicle, including towing charges if:
I am in breach of any term of this agreement;
I have obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation;
The vehicle appears to be abandoned
The vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Dubdayz Ltd reasonably believes that the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date;
Dubdayz Ltd considers on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the vehicle is endangered. I understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, I have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the security deposit.
Any changes to this agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of Dubdayz Ltd and by me.
23. Proper law
This agreement shall be governed by the law of England in which this agreement was signed.
24. My warranties
I warrant that all information supplied by me to Dubdayz Ltd in connection with this agreement is true.
25. Entire agreement
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement. Dubdayz Ltd reserves the right to add or amend any rental charges without prior notice.